The ASCO Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an outstanding individual who over an extended period of time provided exceptional leadership to ASCO and to optometric education; made outstanding contributions to the optometric community, and displayed exemplary commitment and dedication to the association.
Nominations are not being accepted at this time. Contact Amanda Miller, Manager, Administrative & Board Services, and for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for the Award:
- It is awarded “for unique and exceptional accomplishments and contributions to ASCO and optometric education”
- The award is not necessarily an annual award
- The Executive Committee approves awardees
- The Award is not tied to retirements
- The Award is presented at the ASCO Annual Leadership Luncheon
- Nominations can be received from any Board or Executive Committee member for consideration by the Executive Committee
Lifetime Achievement Award Recipients
Thomas L. Lewis, O.D.
President, Salus University and former President, Pennsylvania College of Optometry.
Dr. Lewis exhibited exemplary vision and leadership skills in the transformation of PCO into Salus University, the first optometry-founded health professions university in the United States. In more than 30 years as an educator, Dr. Lewis has worked passionately and tirelessly to advance the profession of optometry through optometric education.