As the leadership organization representing the common interests of our member institutions, ASCO develops overall guidance and issues special reports to the schools and colleges of optometry in most major policy areas. From the initial admissions process to the attributes graduating student should possess upon entering practice, faculty and administrators collaborate through ASCO committees and Special Interest Groups to develop guidance and special reports that are applicable to the general interests of our member institutions.
Competency Based Learning and Assessment
- Attributes of Students Graduating from Schools and Colleges of Optometry Report
- Entry-Level Competencies and Learning Objectives in Visual Impairment and Low Vision Rehabilitation/Addendum
- Outcomes Assessment Resource Guide for Schools and Colleges of Optometry
- Core Competencies in Genetics for Optometry
- Cultural Competency Curriculum Guidelines