With funding from The Vision Care Institute, LLC, an affiliate of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., ASCO is proud to offer Educational Starter Grants dedicated to Supporting educational research. These grants will serve to introduce and support the concepts of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL). Although all types of educational research projects will be considered, priority will be given to those who embrace the concepts of SoTL.
2012 Grant Recipients:
- PUCO — Integration of Blended Learning into Optometric Education – Dr. Denise Goodwin, Dr. Len Hua
- UIWRSO — Evaluation of the Effectiveness of an Online and a Face to Face Format Interprofessional Case Based Course Involving Optometry Students – Dr. Srihari Narayanan, Dr. Patricia Sanchez-Diaz
- AZCOPT — Teaching GP Contact Lenses Concepts Through DVD Modules – Dr. Linsay Sicks, Dr. Sara Gaib
- SUNY — Investigation of an Additional Critical Thinking Outcome Measure: The Efficacy of Critical Thinking Assessment in Predicting Clinical Success – Dr. Julie Appel, Dr. Rochelle Mozlin
- AZCOPT — Can Three Wrongs Make a Right – PI, Dr. Adam Blacker
2011 Grant Recipient Proposals: